Veganuary is sadly over, but that doesn’t mean the delicious vegan feasts need to end! We’ve teamed up with official sponsors, Oumph!, to help support you post-Veganuary, sharing some mouthwatering recipes you can enjoy all year round.
This week we’re indulging in a taco Tuesday feast, with sweet hoisin flavours, fresh veg and lots of Oumph!
Hoisin Oumph! Tacos
- 280 g Oumph! The Chunk
- approx. 200 ml Hoisin sauce from your favourite brand
- 200 ml plant-based mayonnaise
- 4 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Spring onions
- Small leaf salad mix
- Soft tacos
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seeds or furikake
- Start by defrosting Oumph! The Chunk. Then pull apart the pieces with your hands so you get long strips.
- Heat up the oil to 180 degrees.
- Shred the onions and cucumber.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the sesame oil and lime.
- Fry a little bit of the Oumph! at a time in the hot oil, do not add it all in one go as there is a risk that the oil will boil over. Fry until the pieces are crisp – it takes approx. one minute. Pick up with a perforated ladle or tongs and try to shake off as much excess oil as possible. Put the hot Oumph! in a bowl and mix with hoisin sauce.
- Serve in soft tacos with a little salad, shredded onions and cucumber. Sprinkle over the sesame or furikake and as much sesame mayonnaise as you like!