We support Veganuary because we’d like to encourage everyone to try awesome plant-based food for the month of January – and beyond – as part of driving the green protein shift forward!
- 1 packet (280 g) Oumph! Salty & Smoky
- 350ml all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 440ml unsweetened soya milk
- 125 g melted plant-based butter
- Extra butter for the waffle maker
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix in the soya milk and add the melted butter last. Mix well. Let the mix rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat up the waffle maker. Brush the hot waffle maker with butter and add about 100ml of batter per waffle. When the waffles are made, cut them in to four pieces.
- 1 tpsp plant-based butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1,5 tbsp plant-based stock
- 300ml plant-based cream, oat based for instance
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion in butter until soft. Add the rest of the gravy ingredients and let simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Mix with a hand-mixer until the gravy is smooth. Add corn flour dissolved in some cold water and bring to boil. If the gravy is too thin, add a little bit more corn flour.
- Remove stem by tearing the leaves off the stem by hand. Put the kale pieces in a bowl, add VERY little oil and a few sprinkles of salt. Massage the oil evenly onto the kale. Turn on the oven to 170 C (gas mark 3 1/2). Spread kale evenly on a baking tray. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to watch them! When you start seeing a bit of color here and there, lower the temperature to 100 C (gas mark 1/2). Open the oven door and let it be partially open to let the steam out. Turn the kale and make sure the are all crispy.
Oumph! Savoury Waffle Bites
- Defrost the Oumph! Cut in to smaller pieces. Fry in vegetable oil on a high heat until the edges are crispy.
- Arrange the waffle pieces on a large serving plate. Pour a little gravy onto each piece, top with Oumph!, kale and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
- Invite some friends around, put the music on loud, un-cork a bottle of bubbly and get the party started!
Oumph! Cocktail Little Gems (makes approx. 30)
Classic cocktail sauce:
- 6 tbsp plant-based mayo
- 5 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 tsp HP sauce
- 2 tsp grated horseradish
- A few drops of tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- A squeeze of lemon
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- Mix all the ingredients above in a bowl, and put aside for later.
For the Oumph!:
- 1 packet (280 g) Oumph! The Chunk
- 5 cm kombu or wakame seaweed
- 50ml dill seeds
- 50ml sugar
- 50ml salt
- 1 litre water
- Approx. 30 baby gem lettuce leaves, rinsed.
- Watercress salad, rinsed.
- Add the water, salt, sugar and dill seeds to a pan and bring it to the boil. Let it simmer for approx. 10 minutes. Strain the water into a separate cooking plan.
- Cut Oumph! The Chunk into smaller pieces. Add it to water and spice, let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat. Place the Oumph! and the water in a bowl and then place the bowl in a cold water bath or bowl filled with ice to cool it down. Once cooled, strain off the water. Mix the Oumph! with the classic cocktail sauce.
- Arrange the baby gem lettuce leaves on a large serving plate. Divide the Oumph! cocktail mix on the leaves. Decorate with water cress and seaweed flakes. Lastly – for that magic touch – spinkle a little ground paprika on top!
- Serve at the office party, or as a starter for your family Christmas dinner – even Grandpa will love it!