So, you know how to host the ultimate dinner party and get the conversation going – now it’s time to decide on the food! Thankfully, we’ve teamed up with Remedy Kombucha and nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill to provide 3 tongue-tingling, tummy-loving recipes that your guests will love.
Why is Remedy Kombucha the perfect accompaniment for your dinner parties?
Packed full of live cultures and organic acids that are good for your gut health and overall wellbeing, Remedy Kombucha is a delicious, fizzy, live-cultured drink that is naturally free from sugar. It’s even got an official tick of approval from I Quit Sugar.
And it doesn’t just have to be sipped from the bottle! These three recipes make the most of the tangy goodness by stirring it straight into the food. Give them a go at your next dinner party and let us know what you think!
SMOKY BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH ZESTY GUACAMOLE
Serves 4 as a side / perfect snack with drinks
For the smoky cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower (800g)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
For the zesty guacamole
- 2 avocado
- Juice of 2 limes plus 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 Asian shallot, white part only, finely sliced (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil, sweet and smoky paprika and a good pinch of sea salt. Arrange onto lined baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes. Cook for the lesser duration if you like your cauliflower to maintain a bit of crunch.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking make the guac by mashing together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, pop it into a large serving platter and serve with zesty guac.
GUT HEALING STEAMED FISH AND GREENS WITH KOMBUCHA DRESSING
- 2x 140-160g fillets white fish such as barramundi or snapper
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 100g zucchini, ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut or kimchi
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs of choice
- Sea salt and black pepper
For the kombucha dressing
- 1 tablespoons garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons Remedy Kombucha Original or Ginger Lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, line a steamer basket with greaseproof paper and place fish fillets into the basket to steam for 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness). Once cooked, remove and set aside covered.
- Place green beans and zucchini in steamer to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst cooking whisk together ingredients for the kombucha dressing in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide fish between two plates, arrange beans, zucchini, avocado and kraut/kimchi around the bowl, drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with herbs, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve with Remedy Kombucha.
KOMBUCHA CHIA PUDDING
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup (250ml) kombucha (we used Remedy Hibiscus Kiss)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries
- Toasted coconut
- Crushed nuts
- Whisk together the chia, kombucha, vanilla and maple syrup with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, whisk again to ensure even distribution, then pop in fridge to set overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with coconut yoghurt, berries, toasted coconut and nuts if desired.