Influencer training scheme launched by wellness industry leaders to combat consumer misinformation
Suitable for bloggers and influencers looking to develop their skills and improve the quality of their editorial content for their audience and ensure they are in line with current marketing and advertising legislation.
Credibility is a growing problem in the wellness industry. In a recent WellSpoken survey 74% of consumers said that they find it difficult to identify wellness information they can trust.
- 68% of respondents identified that the least trustworthy wellness information was found on social media, shared by wellness brands and consumer health magazines.*
- 73% of UK media reporting in general about the wellness industry and wellness brands was negative in sentiment.*
- 85% brands are sceptical towards influencer marketing, as they feel a lack of professionalism and regulation is holding them back⤉
- 76% of both brands and influencers find that stronger regulations would make them feel more secure and confident about working together on collaborations.⤉
In an effort to overcome this, WellSpoken have launched a range of detailed accreditation and training programmes – one of which is in partnership with the Health Bloggers Community specifically for online influencers.
This joint training scheme aims to provide influencers with an understanding of the underlying principles of the WellSpoken Code of Practice and Industry Guidelines as well as the HBC Marketing Standards, with specific examples of the application of these codes in everyday situations.
During the course, influencers will undertake assessments that aim to examine their understanding of the principles of credible health writing, as well as their proficiency in marketing and advertising practices and building strong working relationships with brands.
WellSpoken X HBC Influencer Training Scheme Overview
With this training scheme, influencers will receive:
- Foundation training on the core principles of developing wellness content while adhering to the WellSpoken Code of Practice and Industry Standards
- Foundation training on the HBC standards for influencer marketing in the health and wellness sector
- Practical exercises and online assessment
- Certificate of completion
[button color=”blue” size=”normal” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://goo.gl/DZp2hj”]Apply to join[/button]
*WellSpoken 2017 survey. Data on file
⤉ HBC 2018 Influencer Marketing for Wellness Report Q1