Veganuary is sadly over, but that doesn’t mean the delicious vegan feasts need to end! We’ve teamed up with official sponsors, Oumph!, to help support you post-Veganuary, sharing some mouthwatering recipes you can enjoy all year round.
This week we’re getting creative with an awesome, colourful Buddha Bowl, packed with rice, fresh veg and lots of Oumph!
Oumph! Buddha Bowl
- 280 g Pulled Oumph!
- 250 ml sushi rice or black rice
- Small broccoli florets, steamed (around 250 g)
- Shredded carrots or sweet potatoes (around 200 g)
- Shredded sugar snap peas
- Green leaves such as baby spinach
- Pea shoots, sprouts, etc.
- Sriracha mayo
- Cook the rice as stated on the packet.
- Cook the Pulled Oumph! as per the packet instructions.
- If you fancy broccoli or cauliflower, cut in to small florets and steam or boil until just done. Rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking further and season with some sesame seeds and Japanese soy – or keep it au naturel!
- Finely grate some carrot or sweet potato – a small handful per portion will do.
- Use bean sprouts, or any other sprouts you fancy, about 100g per person.
- Cut the the sugar snaps in to thin pieces, or use whole, approx. 3-4 per person.
- Green leaves like baby spinach are tasty and healthy, one handful will be perfect.
- Use ready-made dressing or make your own.
Line the bottom of the bowl with the rice. Carefully arrange the various ingredients on top. There are no wrong ingredients in a Buddha Bowl, as long as it’s yummy and looks good! Let your creativity run wild!
Why not spice up the Oumph! yourself, with Oumph! The Chunk!
Mix 100 ml plant-based Sriracha mayo (can be bought ready-made) with 1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce. Add to a pan with Oumph! The Chunk and a glug of oil and fry over medium heat until golden brown. Sprinkle 1 tsp sesame seeds on top.
Or come back next week for another delicious recipe!