“Style is a reflection of your personality and attitude.”
It is knowing who you are and what you want to say. Lets create your Bloggie – Bloggie will be the code name for your blogging personality – your blog style. Imagine that you are creating a person that you will be introducing at a launch party, you need to consider how it looks, speaks and thinks. Lets bring your ‘Bloggie’ to life. Don’t forget to check our Blog Superhero Course to take your blogging efforts to the next level!
10 main check points – all are interlinked and should complement each other.
1. Set your vision and mission for Bloggie
Vision: Statement that inspires the state, the reason for being for Bloggie
Mission: How Bloggie will achieve its Vision, its goals
2. Define Bloggie’s promise: What is Bloggie committed to delivering
3. What are Bloggie’s values: 5 words that describe the core characteristics of Bloggie – your blogging personality, example characteristics: timeless, trusting, honest, open, knowledgeable, genuine, personal, elegant…
4. Audience: Who will you be introducing your Bloggie – define their age group, where they live, understand their lifestyle, hobbies, needs, and wishes. Think about how Bloggie is relevant to them, why would they be interested in meeting Bloggie.
5. What’s the name of your ‘Bloggie’: Name that is easy to remember, descriptive and reflects who Bloggie is.
6. Bloggie’s signature: The logo and typography – the most visual elements of Bloggie’s identity that reflects all its attributes. You will use this mark in all your communications. Consider its colors as well as, including how it will look like in black and white.
7. Color palette: Primary and secondary colors to use in all your communications.
8. Image/Photography: Inspired by your values, and words you have chosen to describe your Bloggie, your photography and imagery should reflect your style to be unique and consistent. Think about the look, to consider: is it premium, inviting, effortless, fresh, light hearted, chic, bohemian, bright….imagine if Bloggie is a person, how would he/she dress and represent itself visually.
9. Tone of voice: The tone in Bloggie’s language and writing, the mood and tonality its chosen words create, for example: uplifting, bubbly, informative, surprising, fun, engaging or serious.
10. World of Bloggie: Imagine what kind of a world does your Bloggie live in….what is a typical day for Bloggie, where does Bloggie go for holidays, who is Bloggie’s friends and tribe, what kinds of publications does Bloggie read, what kind of music Bloggie listen. These will support forming where to promote Bloggie and kind of events, conferences, people, organizations Bloggie can partner with in the future as a natural fit.
Remember all visual, audial, and verbal aspects of Bloggie reflect to the world what it is inside and out, and what it desires to achieve. Reflect who your blog personality and style is by simply being and acting it in everything you do. Across all communications and style elements always differentiate, be authentic, share what you know, take ownership, build a relationship and an emotional connection with your audience.
Imagining a life of its own, your Bloggie – style will come to life as a breathing person that keeps shining.
Look forward to meeting all your ‘Bloggies” and enjoying life together. Don’t forget to check our Blog Superhero Course to take your blogging efforts to the next level!