Let’s be honest: 2017 was one hell of a year. It’s hard to quantify in words everything that happened this year occurred in just 12 calendar months.
But it did happen.
December is mostly a good time for Christmas lists (you can check the ones from our influencers here, you are welcome) and recaps of what happened in the previous 365 days. As well as Instagram and it’s 2017 review, Pinterest and Google also shared what users have been obsessing over across the past 12 months (loads of plants on Pinterest unsurprisingly – yes, we called it). Also, you’d be glad to know the top Meme (globally) is Cash Me Outside – yes, we HAD to Google that ourselves.
The most Pinteresting ideas of 2017
Food, drink and, beauty and fashion are definitely the eager pinners.
Featuring over 19 billion ideas, the food and drink category has had a 46% increase in pins – including a few new exciting trends (apparently plant proteins and vegan desserts are on the rise – increased by 417%).
Some food trends that boomed over the past year include:
- Souping (increased by 306%)
- Healthy coffee (increased by 218%)
- Moroccan food (increased by 2579%)
- Virgin cocktails (increased by 160%)
On the health and fitness realm, fitness fans moved away from abs to embrace to get informed on strength training (increased by 415%) – as well as post workout stretches (new entry: the mighty foam roller). Another interesting Pinterest trend is gut health (increased by 251%).
- Air purifier & air purifying plants (increased by 270%)
- Healthy hair tips (increased by 219%)
- Self-care (increased by 537%)
- Yoga wheel (increased by 72%)
What you’ve been Googling
Calories are still a top category on Google – whether you are calories counting or not, over 5,500 people on an average day Google the calories of their favourite foods.
Here we have a few US examples:
- Unicorn Frappuccino calories
- Grand Mac calories
- Naked Chicken Chalupa calories
- Mac Jr calories
- Cascara Latte calories
- Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato calories
- Poke Bowl calories
It’s kind of interesting how the UK top ‘how-tos’ include how to stay young (seriously Britain?).
When it comes to exercising and working out, here we have some of the faves, including Crossfit at top spot:
- Murph crossfit workout
- Bungee workout
- Tabata workout
- TRX workout
- Burpees exercise
- HIIT workout routine
- Piyo workout
Top recipes include a wide variety, including Thanksgiving favourites:
- Beef Stroganoff recipe (US/UK)
- Apple Crisps recipe (US)
- Corn Casserole recipe (US)
- Zucchini recipe (US)
- Chicken Parmesan recipe (US)
- Hard Boiled Egg recipe (US)
- Yams recipe (US)
- Hot cross buns (UK)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (UK)
- Omelette (UK)
- Millionaire shortbread (UK)