Ingredients for the Patty:
Makes: 2 Cakes (Vegan)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1⁄4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1⁄4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Tahini
- A Squeeze of 1/2 a small lemon
- 4 Fresh Crushed Basil Leaves
- Generous Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Wholemeal Flour (I used Brown Rice Flour )
To Make Potato Cakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 ̊ C
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes then boil in a pan for around 15 minutes
- In a medium size bowl add all the spices, olive oil and tahini and the squeeze of half a lemon.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the bowl with the spices, mash together.
- Divide the mix into two, and mould into little cakes (around the size of the palm of your hand)
- Dust a little flour over the top and edges to help crisp
- Place on baking parchments and place in the oven on a low shelf for around 20 minutes.
- Take out the oven, and enjoy! Can be made into a burger, added to a salad, or simply accompanied with a poached egg.
For The Stack:
- Toast a spelt and wholemeal bun lightly
- Wash then finely slice 2 fresh radish
- Slather a thick layer of hummus on the bottom slice, then add the sweet potato cake
- Add a handful of baby leaf spinach and cress, then put the lid on and enjoy!