Chia seeds are bursting with nutritious benefits. They can increase energy levels; improve digestive health; promote healthy muscles, skin, hair and nails; enhance the immune system; and provide a fantastic source of vegetarian protein, containing eight essential amino acids.
What’s not to love!?
Chia Energy Bites
- 100g almonds
- 100g chia seeds
- 400g medjool dates
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 ½ tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut
- In a food processor add almonds and chia seeds and blend until ground
- Add medjool dates and coconut oil and blend
- Add cacao powder, almond butter and coconut oil
- Roll mixture into balls, dip in a very small amount of desiccated coconut and store in fridge or freezer
Goat’s Cheese, Fig and Pistachio Chia Crackers
- 80g chia seeds
- 0.5 g oregano
- 0.5g paprika
- 0.5g sea salt
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 80g sesame seeds
- 120g water
- Goats cheese
- Pistachio nuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and stir with a spoon. Allow mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds absorb all of the water.
- Spread the mixture with a spatula or your hand onto a prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles (12×7 inches each and ⅛ to ¼ inch thick).
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from over and turn each rectangle over with a spatula carefully so they don’t break. Bake for a further 25-35 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Take the baked mix out of the oven, break into crackers and let it cool on the pan.
- Once cool, place cracker on plate and top with goat’s cheese, sliced figs and crushed pistachio nuts. Store the rest of the crackers in an airtight container and save for summer snacking.
Let us know if you try one of the recipes by tagging @hbloggerscom. We love seeing your recreations.