Paleo Raspberry Banana Bread
(gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free with vegan option!)
This decadent banana bread is loaded with juicy raspberries and is naturally sweetened thanks to the over-ripe bananas, with caramel undertones from the maple and date syrup, and a slight cinnamon spice.
It works perfectly as breakfast, spread with some peanut butter (the more the better) or even made into French Toast! It is made from wholesome ingredients and is free from grains, gluten, dairy and refined sugar, making it Paleo-friendly and suitable for most allergy sufferers, as well as vegan if you substitute the eggs for chia/flax eggs.
• 4 over-ripe bananas (black spots are encouraged)
• 1 box (200g) raspberries
• 3 eggs (replace with chia eggs if vegan)
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ½ cup ground almonds
• ¼ cup almond milk
• 4 tablespoons date syrup
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil + extra for greasing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C degrees and grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, date syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and almond milk. Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, ground almonds, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well. When everything is combined, add in the raspberries and stir lightly but don’t mash them.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and allow it to bake for 50-55 minutes.
6. Allow the bread to fully cool (30 minutes) before removing from the tin.
7. Best served smothered in peanut butter and warm berry compote.
Connect with Eli on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter and via her blog: www.elibrecher.co.uk